- San Antonio,TX
- Dec 10, 2018
- Janitorial/Housekeeping : General Janitorial-Housekeeping
ISS Facility Services Inc is hiring for a Floor/Carpet Tech job in San Antonio,TX
Career minded cleaning professionals with experience needed to help us maintain our outstanding reputation as the best cleaning company in San Antonio!
A variety of job locations are available across San Antonio.
A variety of Shifts are available; Full Time Days, Part Time Nights and Weekend Opportunities.
Floor/Carpet Technicians are generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction & bonneting) of areas that include offices, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas such as break rooms. ISS Floor Techs are expected to work successfully with fellow employees & others. ISS personnel need to understand and follow basic instructions, both verbal and written and must be able to explain how to complete a task and understand instructions for tasks using basic communication skills.
ISS Facility Services Provides Employees:
- Competitive pay
- Extensive hands-on, instructor-led training
- Modern equipment and efficient cleaning procedures
- Uniforms, cleaning supplies and safety equipment
- Safe work environment
- Must have 2 or more years experience cleaning and maintaining carpeted and hard surface floors at commercial/office buildings.
- Must pass background check and e-verify
FLOOR/CARPET TECHNICIAN PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
· Obey all safety requirements and procedures at all times.
· Perform preventative maintenance check on all equipment prior to use.
· Secure the work area and post proper safety notices for other users of the space prior to beginning work.
· Floors care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing and burnishing on hard surface floors and stairwells.
· Vacuuming, shampooing, bonneting and extracting carpets, stairwells and upholstery.
Dusting (high and low).
Routine restroom cleaning.
Routine office and/or break room cleaning.
Maintenance of floor care equipment
· Knowledge of how to strip, wax and burnish floors with minimal to no assistance.
· Knowledge of operating various pieces of equipment necessary to effectively
· Perform job functions, such as a high speed buffer, extractor, wet vac, pressure washer, auto scrubber.
· Ability to understand and follow directions from the Manager.
· Must be a team player and committed to working in a quality environment.
- Required to use specialized, power equipment.
Noise level is usually quiet to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to normal weather conditions for the area. While performing the duties of this job, may be working around offices and break areas. This may include restrooms and corridors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing Protection not required, but may be worn for comfort.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
APPLY IN PERSON MON/WED/FRI FROM 12PM-4PM at: 4845 Goldfield, Suite #115, San Antonio, TX 78218
We're also hiring Working Leads and Supervisors!
A bout Us
For years, ISS has been known as the leading cleaning company in the world. And although we have come a very long way today in being a fully-fledged Facility Management company, we continue to pioneer the market for cleaning. We are proud to say that we are still the world’s largest cleaning company, and recognized as the leading developers of Cleaning Excellence.
We offer service solutions based on 80 years of experience in cleaning, and provide innovative solutions based on the latest trends in the industry. What makes us special is our relentless drive for Excellence. We have developed knowledge and processes over the years to fine-tune every single aspect of this area. And we are focused on training our people to perform cleaning in a superior way.
People matter at ISS. They are the reason we provide consistently outstanding services to clients and continue to grow each year. At ISS you will discover a working environment in which everyone can flourish.
By treating people with respect, working with shared values and encouraging everyone to realize their talents, ISS lives its vision of being the preferred employer in our industry.
There are tremendous opportunities for enthusiastic and committed people. ISS has an industry-leading development program that provides everything from an induction course to tailor-made management programs. And with leadership principles that encourage action, innovation and respect, our working culture helps you realize your potential every single day.
This is why we believe that ISS is a great place to work, whether you are starting out on your working life or want to further develop your career in a rapidly developing industry.
ISS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workforce.